- Kepha Hor on Marching For Canto
- Josh on Jiayuguan – End of Great Wall. For The Time Being
- Peter on Yellow River – Blue Grass
- Mike Weaver on Muslim Murderer Sneaks Into Norway, Creates Sob Story:
- Hom on Support Your Local Authors
- paul on Marching For Canto
- Gam Kau on Crap Western Food
- cecilie on What Are The CHANCES!!!
- GK on What Are The CHANCES!!!
- Steve on My First Interview
Tag Archives: China
People: Bugger me down if I haven’t written a new book! Mind you it’s five years since the last one so it’s about time. The launch is soon, and everyone’s invited. details later …
October 1st, China’s national day and the 22nd anniversary of my arrival in that fair country; or should I say formerly fair but rapidly becoming less so. I was just reflecting on this over beer and excellent Sichuan food with … Continue reading
I went to Shanghai fearing the worst. 21 years ago, of course, the city was a true wonder of hovelage, of the beyond Dickensian kind. You could see the history of Shanghai etched on those buildings as clearly as if … Continue reading
Ah! Another beautiful sunny day in sleepy backwater Pui O – a new week in a new year; a new decade no less. On days like this I really feel life is worth it, yes I feel downright happy to … Continue reading
Years and light-years ago when I first landed on this fair piece of soil we call Greater and More Marvellous China, I was actually on my way to Australia. That never happened, I’m glad now. No, not just because if … Continue reading
A particularly arduous task this, as it was minus 14 degrees and the language problems daunting. Long live Cantonese!
Latest from Shanghai: Walking around the streets wearing pyjamas is to go the way of the struggle session and shooting oneself in the back while jumping from the 6th floor window to escape justice. And … the neighbourhood busybody committee? … Continue reading